View Single Post
08-15-10, 03:06 PM   #11
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Btw, being polite is not my strength, I'm straight forward.
You have nothing on me, dear sir.

As far as the OP, I'd kill to be new to the game again. I remember when I logged in and made my undead for the first time. The intrigue and curiosity that came with it. So much to explore, so much to learn and so much to kill. I longed to reach a level where I could participate in the Southshore/Crossroads/Theramore raids (this was pre-BGs). It had that "fun" feel to it. Now, I don't even have to leave Dalaran if I don't want to (yeah, right) and play the rest of the game thanks to the lameass "Queue ANYWHERE" system.

Roll up an alt and get a feel for it again, as previously suggested. If you've done most everything at the time, it'll all come back to you. The game isn't close to the learning curve it once was; It's quite easy to re-familiarize yourself with things.

As far as "casual" gaming being evil, then I will be evil until the end. I won't have my life revolve around a game where I need to make sure my work schedule is done around my raiding times or that I need to be logged 8+ hours every day to be "good". Honestly, your views on "casual gaming" makes you seem elitist yourself. Truth hurts, I know.

Lastly, Gearscore is what the game is based on nowadays, so far as to that Blizzard has implemented it in such you cannot even enter instances unless you meet a "gear requirement". Complete bull**** if you ask me. But that's another rant to be had. Back to the point, gearscore is an addon that is highly misused and has become the global replacement for "skill". To many elitists, your gearscore is the only thing that matters. Your skill as a good player means dick these days. Your suggestion of it being an e-peen tool is spot on, to the point that even Blizzard pokes fun at it.

Despite my thoughts on the games current state, I'm not saying the game itself isn't fun so long as you take the steps to avoid the kids/1337ists/idiots/morons/social rejects/failures/nobodies. The community sucks worse than Hodge (inside joke), despite what anyone will tell you. Just turn off trade and LFG channels and have fun!