View Single Post
08-15-10, 04:52 PM   #13
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Funny. Your first post lends the impression of a decent gamer who's just out of the loop and ends with elitist pukestains. Most interesting. Anyways....

Hardcore gamer =/= Elitist?
No. I just don't want idiots ruining my game just because they only want to play 2-3 hours a week and not have to put in any effort into the game. This game was meant to be an RPG, not some kind of interactive chat game.
YOUR game? I'm actually sitting here scanning the credits, I fail to see your name anywhere. Indeed, it is an RPG; You play a role in the game in which there is chat. Sounds like you need to go back on break and head on back to the consoles mate.

People play how they wish. If you choose to log in for 15 hours a day, more power to you. Some have other things in life (school, work, family, etc) going on. On behalf of all of those with real life obligations, we apologize that we've ruined "your" game.... Ok, I almost kept a straight face while typing that.

At least it keeps people who don't know what their doing out of the queue. If they haven't got the gear for an instance, why bother doing it? They're going to bring the group down. This is still a multiplayer game and you need to work together to make it fun.
Last I checked, you actually have to run instances to get gear. This whole "Sorry, you need the gear out of Heroics in order to do heroics" is just plain silly.

Every online community has idiots. It's the anonymity that does it. It hasn't changed just because WoW has.
Who are you to say who is a social reject, a failure, or a nobody? Sounds pretty elitist to me.
Did I point fingers? Did I name names? No, it's was a general statement. Way to try to turn that into a direct attack. I don't consider myself "elitist"; I don't go around going "L2P" or "YOU SUCKSORS!!11!!!1". An *******, yes. But I have yet to tell people they fail based on how they decide to play or because their gear isn't "good enough".
*turns the mirror back towards Spectro*

Obviously you have quite a biased viewpoint on things and plan to argue with anyone who doesn't share the same. All you seem to be really asking is "I've been gone for a while, how/where do I get my uber gears so I can be the most awesomeness that ever logged in again!"

However, if you wish to continue to follow your desire to try and belittle me on the matter, feel free to engage it to me in PMs. You asked for advice/opinions, we shared. Our apologies if they all don't coincide with yours. Next time, head on over to your home forums here (I even linked it for ya. I'm such a nice guy!) where there are plenty of like-minded "I used to wtfpwn the game and will again" people who'll help ya out. Let the door hit ya on the way out and drive that stick in a bit further.

Ciao.

Last edited by Sythalin : 08-15-10 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Spellcheck is my friend, really.