View Single Post
04-19-09, 05:41 PM   #617
Meeza
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
@ Meeza and others:
Check out this site: http://fin.instinct.org/wowmods/
That's actually quite an interesting project, yet again I'd have to actively look for updates, my vision entails a stripped version of WoW matrix that scans your folder, scans the sites, but if an update is found it doesnt leech bandwidth instead, it provides an easy link to click so you can be sent right to the addon page. This does mean you'd have to download the addon from the page (which in my opinion solves a ton of problems, the providers get ad moniez, users know when *their* addons are updated). But as others mentioned if you can't install an addon and are too stupid or lazy to read up on how to do it, then they probably dont need addons to clog up their gameplay anyways.

The cool thing would be, curse and WoWI could technically work together on keeping it updated, as it would basically eventually link back to their page, and depending on the addon I could see a user being presented with 2 links, 1 to WoWI and 1 to Curse, and the user depending on their preference can go to either.