View Single Post
12-14-17, 08:37 AM   #1
Wolryr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Blizzard has glitched NamePlates!

Greetings,

First of all, excuse me if this is not posted in the proper sub-forum.

Around 3 months from now I've been experiencing this weird situation where the default Blizzard nameplates ('cause I don't use ANY nameplate AddOn) I'm not targeting will fly around when I turn around the camera. Like if they were trying to stick with my camera angle instead of the mob (only happens if the creature did cast something).

Here they're 2 quick simple sound-less videos to make things easier to understand: https://youtu.be/zceVmKO9F2A and https://youtu.be/zAeheTpqats

All of this happens when I turn off NPC Names in the Blizzard interface panel to make them appear for quest only. I really like it when just the creature I'm targeting will show its name instead of seeing every NPC name around me, it's a bit messy, so it makes things clean and simple to track for me, that's why I'm using the 'Quest Only' mode for NPC names. (As shown in the video). Sadly, this is what triggers the glitch, and when I tell Blizzard to show the names of all hostile NPCs, it stops.

Sorry to bother you all with this nonsense but it's kinda driving me insane 'cause I really like that feature, it's clean and simple, and be forced to see every NPC's name around me it's quite the opposite for the clean look I'm aiming for.

So far, I tried to call this function with a LUA code I found in an obsolete AddOn (credit to the author of course):

Code:
-- Author: Ketho (EU-Boulderfist)
-- License: Public Domain

-- show names on both friendly and enemy nameplates
for _, v1 in pairs({"Friendly", "Enemy"}) do
	for _, v2 in pairs({"displayNameWhenSelected", "displayNameByPlayerNameRules"}) do
		_G["DefaultCompactNamePlate"..v1.."FrameOptions"][v2] = false
	end
end

It will trigger some 'Interface action failed because of an AddOn' kind of stuff sometimes, but what I does for me it's: to make the nameplates show the NPC name IF I'm in combat with them, but then again, what I want it's the original Blizzard functionality as you can see in the video. The only reason to show the names in NPC nameplates will be if they're related to a quest/objective.

My apologies again, I know all of this might've sounded silly or extensive, but I've tried virtually everything at this point (all of that tested with NO AddOns whatsoever:
  • Formating my PC
  • Upgrading and downgrading GPU drivers
  • Playing with the on-board video
  • Resetting user CVars from the login screen, and with /console cvar_default
  • Turning almost every interface and video options on and off (including the cursor ones) and trying different combinations
  • Playing with Dx9 and Dx11
  • Playing with a different mouse
  • Posting a ticket (nothing, they said they'll look into it).

... the list can go on.

PD. I'm using W7 x64 (but also tried with W10), and a Nvidia GTX770.Ç

Thank you all for your help and thoughts.

Last edited by Wolryr : 12-14-17 at 08:42 AM. Reason: AddOn details and extra links.