View Single Post
11-24-10, 03:41 AM   #1
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Making an alternative power bar

Hey all I'm using a nice oUf layout that has a power bar already (yay ). I want to make an alternative one and switch between those two ingame (on shapeshift, I guess). I know how to make a power bar, so let's just say I have oUF_player.Power (the original working bar) and oUF_player.altpower (my newly constructed bar not in use). On login, I'd execute "oUF_player.oldpower = oUF_player.Power" to save the original bar in an independent variable. Now my idea would be to catch the shapeshift event and then as appropriate use the following code:

Code:
oUF_player.Power = oUF_player.altpower
oUF_player.oldpower:Hide()
On shifting back, I'd use

Code:
oUF_player.Power = oUF_player.oldpower
oUF_player.altpower:Hide()
I have the following questions now:
  • Does it work this way, or did I miss something?
  • What if I call this function in combat? I have no experience what one can do in combat, but of course I can protect the whole thing via InCombatLockdown(), but is it necessary?
  • Any good way to find out which one is the active power bar via code? Can I use something like "oUF_player.Power == oUF_player.oldpower" to check if the original power bar is active? Or what else should I do (thing that comes to my mind would be a global variable for that, or a local one of oUF_player, but that sounds kinda... constructed ^^).

Thanks for any help and pointers