View Single Post
06-21-05, 01:32 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The Definitive Macro and AddOn FAQ

Here are some of the most common FAQs ... feel free to add the FAQ (with answer, of course) that most annoys you in your reply, and I'll edit this post to include it. Corrections and suggestions (both informational and grammatical) also welcome.

Thanks go out to everyone who has made suggestions and comments; those who have provided additional FAQs for this post; those who have tirelessly and patiently answered all the n00bs' questions; and yes, even the n00bs themselves, for without their endless questions, this FAQ wouldn't exist.

NOTE TO ALL POSTERS: Replies to this thread should only contain comments or suggestions about this FAQ, or should contain a new frequently-asked question with answer included! Please, DO NOT clutter up this thread with questions that you need answers to... that's why we have this entire forum.

(Before you start, consider reading this web page: "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way")

Table of Contents

Section 1: "What the heck is all this, anyway?" (definitions and terms)
Section 2: "Patch Day, Oh Noes!" (what to do and NOT do on patch days)
Section 3: "So, you want to use some AddOns, eh?" (finding / installing / using AddOns)
Section 4: "Marco?" "Polo!" "I mean Macro!" (creating / using Macros)
Section 5: "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that." (what is and isn't possible)
Section 6: "If at first you do not succeed..." (troubleshooting and debugging)
Section 7: "More! Give me more!" (other links and resources)
Section 8: "You know the mod that does this?" (main sites for mods that are asked about allllll the time)
Section 9: "Other miscellaneous Info" (Where are my settings saved? How do I fix a layout problem? How do I move my Chat windows? Not enough memory?)

Last edited by Cairenn : 02-08-06 at 11:24 AM.