View Single Post
04-11-07, 06:35 AM   #15
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
#6 "I'm Sorry Dave, I can't do that" needs a bit of updating - /castsequence macros are now possible. Yoinked from Neuro's Guide to Macro Options (ver 4) in the World of Warcraft UI & Macro Forum: (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77588042&sid=1)

New Command: /castsequence
----------------------

There's a new command in WoW 2.0, called /castsequence. It allows you to set up a series of spells to cast one after another, on each subsequent click of the macro. The format is:

/castsequence [<options>] reset=<#>/target/combat/alt/shift/ctrl <spell1>, <spell2>, <spell3>

"Huh? Say what?"

It sets up a list of spells, and the first time you click the macro, it casts the first spell on the list. The next time you click it, it will cast the second spell, and so on. When it gets to the end, it goes back to the beginning.

"I'm still not following you."

Ok, lets say you are a mage. Sometimes you need to Frost Nova and Blink away quickly. You can't do them both at the same time, so you set up a sequence to do it!

/castsequence Frost Nova, Blink

And there you have it. The first time you click it, you Frost Nova, then you click again and Blink away.

"And what happens if Frost Nova is on cooldown? Does it Blink instead? Or does it just skip over Frost Nova and do Blink on the next click?"

Neither one. If the spell fails to cast (due to cooldown, out of range, not enough mana, whatever) then the sequence does NOT go to the next spell. The next time you click the macro, it'll try to Frost Nova again. (NOTE: A resist, dodge, parry, etc does NOT count as a failed cast. The spell/ability successfully went off, it just missed.)

"What if I'm not in combat? I don't want to waste a Frost Nova if I'm not actually fighting."

You can still use all the same macro options (however, you cannot set options for each individual spell, only for the whole sequence. Sorry.)

/castsequence [combat] Frost Nova, Blink

"Eh, I was just kidding about that combat stuff. Ok, so what happens if I Frost Nova, and decide not to Blink away? The next time I want to Frost Nova, it'll be stuck on the 'Blink' setting?"

Not a problem. We'll use the new "reset" setting. Since Frost Nova has a cooldown of 24 seconds normally, we'll set the sequence to reset after 24 seconds of non-use.

/castsequence reset=24 Frost Nova, Blink

The first time you click your macro, it will Frost Nova. If you decide not to Blink, after 24 seconds it will reset back to Frost Nova. Since Frost Nova's cooldown also happens to be 24 seconds, it'll be ready to use again. Brilliant!

"So, that reset timer will always reset after 24 seconds no matter what?"

Not quite. It is more of an 'idle timeout' feature. If you don't hit that macro *at all* for the duration of the reset timer, it'll reset. But if you kept spamming the macro, each keypress would refresh the reset timer, even on failed spellcasts. So you couldn't do something like /castsequence reset=30 Blast Wave, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion because it would never reset back to Blast Wave unless you left it alone for 30 seconds straight.

"Ok, that's great and all, but I'm actually a warlock, dude."

Of course you are. Well, as a warlock, I'm sure you cast the same 3 DoTs over and over again. Now you can set a sequence for those and save button space.

/castsequence Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony

There you go, now you can just push that button three times and cast all three DoTs.

"But what if it dies before I finish casting all three? I'm stuck at the end of the sequence again, and I don't wanna set no timer!"

That's ok, we can use the other options. If you set 'reset=target' then any time you change targets, it will reset the sequence back to the beginning. You can also set 'reset=combat', and the game will reset your sequence any time you leave combat. If you use the '/' operator (remember it, from earlier?) you can combine reset options!

/castsequence reset=combat/target Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony

There, now any time you change targets (like, if the old target is almost dead and you want to start on a new one), or any time you leave combat (perhaps the critter died before you finished casting all the dots), it resets your sequence for you, leaving you ready to start over.

"What if I want to manually reset my sequence, eh?"

Well, you can add in a modifier to do a reset, like so:

/castsequence reset=combat/target/shift Corruption, Immolate, Curse of Agony

Now, if you hold down the shift key while you hit your macro, it will automatically reset the sequence back to the beginning and cast Corruption.

"Ok, great, I think I got it now! Gimme a sec to set my new macros..... done!"

Excellent, I'm glad I could help.

"So... wanna duel?"

Um, no thanks, I don't duel warlocks.

"Bah, you wuss."