View Single Post
01-20-12, 07:36 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It might be possible to do it using the FCFDock functions. The FloatingChatFrame.lua file has a bunch of these functions with the following comment above them.

Code:
------Docking related functions for the new docking system

--[[

Since we've been discussing allowing multiple docks, this code is designed to be mostly-OO. Please try not to use global variables.

(Theoretically, all of these functions may be put in a metatable to allow, e.g., "Dock:SelectWindow(chatWindow)".

To keep with this, please ensure that "dock" is the first argument of every function.)

]]
Unfortunately it looks like some of it is still hard coded for GENERAL but I'm sure with a bit of tweaking it could be possible. It was one thing I was planning on figuring out when I spotted it. I currently have 3 chat specific plugins for nUI and I was planning on working out if those new functions would allow me to create a second dockable chatframe and allow nUI users to dock chatframes to either side of the screen.

I can't promise anything but if I feel in the mood I'll try and dabble with it somewhat over the next couple of weeks when I get a chance. Otherwise, good luck on your project