View Single Post
01-04-07, 12:23 AM   #89
bacon
A Murloc Raider
Just used praid in UBRS. Couple of bugs/issues:

1. I noticed that the text, be it color change for agro, or text change for any reason, doesn't update unless the unit's health updates.

This results in not being able to trust agro indication. For example if someone has agro while you heal them to max health, then the mob dies, the Agro indicator will stay there permanently until that unit's health changes.

Also, if someone gets agro you don't know about it until their health changes.

2. I do know there is no way to query the owner of HoTs from the APIs that WOW provides but it would be *incredibly* nice to track/hook/intercept the application of your hots so you know that "your" hot is on a target. Yes if 2 renews are on a target and one of them gets dispelled there's no way to know if it was yours or not but personally I'm fine with perfectraid assuming the best case scenario, that it wasn't your renew. With perfect raid the display for stacking hots is so nice, tracking your own hots would really push that aspect over the top. It would allow healers to more easily keep hots stacked in PvE environments where dispelling just isn't something to concern yourself with in general.

Example:

Renew is configured as "green." Renew will show the normal green color if your renew is in the stack. It would show a darker shade of green if yours wasn't in the stack, and if it was "tainted," i.e. dispel was detected to be cast on that player it would be a 3rd color, or back dropped or whatever. Frankly I wouldn't care too much about supporting the idea of a tainted stack but some people might, including yourself