View Single Post
08-19-12, 10:43 PM   #10
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by endx7 View Post
I really wish their filtering was done in Lua code. :P
Yeah, the function really shouldn't be serving filtered results in the first place. I guess they figured it was only going to be used by the pet journal.

After poking around it looks like all non-combat pets that are considered "critters" summoned by any means (from an item, for a quest, whatever) have been rendered inoperable by the new system.

I dragged a pet onto my action bar to see what GetActionInfo looked like for it, and the old system returns "companion" for the type, the critter ID, and "CRITTER" for the subtype. While the new system returns "summonpet" as the type, the new unique pet ID, and no subtype.

Interestingly enough, you can still dismiss the critter after it's been summoned by using the old button (/run PickupCompanion('CRITTER',1)), and this bypasses the global cooldown caused by unsummoning the pet using the new method.

I'm expecting that they will fix the old companion methods because you can't currently use items like Don Carlos' Famous Hat or the Bloodsail Admiral's Hat to summon their pets and the quests for the venomhide raptor and winterspring frostsaber are broken.