View Single Post
07-28-19, 06:31 PM   #4
aallkkaa
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, in theory, in that macro, RoP should be cast everytime it's OFF its cooldown and Memory of Lucid Dreams is ON its own cooldown.
But yes, my experience, that hardly ever works - your 9/10 fails sounds familiar to me. Possibly some issue related to latency, even if it's very low (mine's usually at around 50ms), or low FPS or whatever.

You could try something like:
Code:
/castsequence reset=40 Rune of Power, Memory of Lucid Dreams, Rune of Power, Rune of Power
/cast Combustion
/cast Berserking
/use Ancient Knot of Wisdom
This will cast RoP on the first click and then MoLD on the second, then RoP and RoP again (3x 40s = 120s, which is MoLD's CD). If you don't click the macro for 40 seconds, it resets to its first spell: RoP.
(You can leave "Ancient Knot of Wisdom" as is because, being a trinket, it doesn't trigger the GCD.)

You could alternative do the castsequence as:
Code:
/castsequence reset=120 Memory of Lucid Dreams, Rune of Power, Rune of Power, Rune of Power
/cast Combustion
/cast Berserking
The problem is that is tha /castsequence is kind of quirky, in that it starts counting the 40 or 120s to reset from the last time you ran the macro. So if you were to click it twice in a row and then 30s later click it again, the actual reset time would be 150s (30 + 120); note that RoP would not have been off its 40s CD either. In maybe more simple terms: the reset=120 would work fine if you pressed the macro every 40s or so, in which case it would cycle normally to cast MoLD after 120, with no need for the reset.

The first version I wrote would increase the chance of cast RoP everytime it's available, and MoLD as well (no need to wait for the three casts of RoP, as it got reset about the time RoP was off CD).
It still will NOT work everytime, I guarantee you that!

You can increase its reliability of the macro by adding an additional condition for reset, for example you pressing a modifier (one of ctrl, alt or shift) or a combination of those. Something like:
Code:
/castsequence reset=40/ctrl Memory of Lucid Dreams, Rune of Power, Rune of Power, Rune of Power
/cast Combustion
/cast Berserking
That is the best I can come up to.
AFAIK, the only guaranteed way to have both MoLD and RoP work everytime is, as you said, "to have RoP on manual, and the rest on a macro". Or you can also make two identical macros for both RoP and MoLD, where you macro in all the other spells, the ones that are not bound to the GCD.

Hope that helped.