View Single Post
08-15-08, 11:12 AM   #480
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Iljott -- there are a couple of reasons why those four buttons ended up on the minimap instead of elsewhere. First, those four buttons are always present, whereas the others such as the mailbox, looking for group, etc., are transient... coming and going based on need. Second, if I group all of the minimap specific buttons together and try to place them next to the minimap, then they end up either being two rows of big buttons, two rows of not-so-big buttons but with odd looking empty space around them or one row of really small buttons. It just worked out weird.

So... I decided to put them in the corners of the map kind of like rivets. I used the corners because that's the region of the square map that will never have POI icons and such in it because they are outside of the radius and, thus, even though they are sitting on top of your minimap, they're not interfering with the content (much).

I would have preferred they not be on the map, myself, but this seemed like the lesser evil to me.

First off - thanks for the explanation. I see your point to this. I might venture to suggest that you introduce minimap scroll zooming, therefore removing the need for the "+" & "-" buttons (although that might again make the map look weird with just two "rivets".

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Anyone know of a mod I can look at?

Secondly, I'm sure you've already done this, but here is a link for the Map mods that everybody has submitted on wowinterface, perhaps something will catch your eye: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat24.html

I'm sorry I didn't really understand your request 100%, so even though I tried going into some of them, I didn't know what I was looking for!