View Single Post
11-19-15, 09:46 AM   #16
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, I don't know about the rest of this stuff but I do know how to change the icon for a Carbonite note.

Make your note. Then, on the Carbonite map, right click on the icon for your note. In the pop-up menu you get, choose "Find Note". That will open your "Notes" interface. Right click on the icon for your note and choose "Set Icon". That will open an icon list that you can choose your icon on. Just click on an icon and it will change both in your list and on the map. This is really easy but it sounds complicated (maybe it's just me ).

As far as the actual notes go ... Look in "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME (or number)\SavedVariables\" for the "Carbonite.notes.lua" file. That's where the notes are.
Thanks jeffy162 for your post. Actually, I already knew how selecting the alternate icons is supposed to be done. What happened to me (yesterday) was that it did not work for some reason. It would not present the list of icons to choose from. And, I also got an error message, so I gave up yesterday.

Today, I tried it again and this time is worked even though there still remains an lua error message when attempting it. I've posted the error here. I can live with the error since it doesn't interfere with actually placing an icon on the map. But, maybe somebody can figure out just what the error means.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Carbonite-Note-error-selecting-icon-type.lua (2.9 KB, 449 views)