View Single Post
08-06-08, 03:05 AM   #326
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Second pass at solo/player unit frames...

Okay... as promised, here's a look at the results of all of the feedback I've gotten since I posted the first peek at the new unit frames last night... I've done my best to try and take into account as much as possible.

The main thing you'll notice is that I went to vertical bars and sized the unit frames to actually cover the area that they are using. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get past the idea that the buff and debuff icons needed to be outside of the frames... but, now that I have, what you'll see is the frames are large and open feeling. The space you see inside the frame is where the buff and debuff icons will be located. Unfortunately, I had them turned off at the time I did these screencaps as I was trying to test another part of the code and didn't want the interaction.

The first screencap shows all of the primary units with a focus selected and a mouseover target. The second screencap just shows the four normal frames -- Player, Pet, Target and Target of Target -- and the last one shows a typical "in-combat" look while in a battleground.

A word about the buff/debuff zone in the interior of the frames... the rule is this... auras that are to the player's detriment appear at the top inside the frame and grow from the corner next to the health/power bars horizontally to the portrait, then start a new row. Auras which are to the player's benefit start on the bottom in the corner next to the health/power bars and grow hoizontally to the portrait, then up.

So... if you are targeting a mob, any buffs on that mob will be on top and your debuffs at the bottom. Anything on top is a cue to dispell. If you are targeting a friendly player, any debuffs you can dispell will be on top and your buffs on the bottom... etc... the frames can be optioned to show all auras, your auras or only those you can dispel.

Again... I'd like your feedback. Though, to be really honest, I'm very much diggin' this new frame design and it's going to take some effort to talk me out of it. ~smile~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SoloUnitPanel_Mouseover.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1815  Click image for larger version

Name:	SoloUnitPanel_NoMouseover.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	1816  Click image for larger version

Name:	SoloUnitPanel_ToTT.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1817  

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-06-08 at 03:10 AM.