View Single Post
07-31-09, 08:15 AM   #1250
lanacan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Blinky12 View Post
lol this may seem odd, but i dont use a border xD i used kgpanels for everything, seriously i parented a panel using just a 1 px Solid black border for each buff, at first i tried to use a solid bg but that caused problems and so i spent a lot of time making perfect borders, with no fuzzy edges but if you really want a border that is 1 px i suggest http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PixelSkin.html

i started off using it but got frustrated :P

its annoying that i still need to use the memory using Button Facade for the Dream Layout skin, there is probably a better way of removing the ugly blizz borders so i will look for some ractionbutton styler skin when i can be bothered :P
Try using !SimpleSquare from Neal's UI to put the border on things. All you need to do in your addon is put a call like this in with the dimensions you want the boarder to be:

Code:
CreateSimpleSquareBorder(Minimap, 12, 0, 0, 0, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4)
There is documentation in the !SimpleSquare folder on what each argument is for.

I'd rather try to use this over setting up kgPannels. (This is how i got my textures in my compilation on my minimap, Filger Icons and bars, and a few other items.