View Single Post
02-16-18, 06:47 AM   #15
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MunkDev View Post
They are not different; Blizzard code does not adhere to combat lockdown, regardless if it's moving protected or unprotected frames, which is why I posted that video as proof. Creating a secure child frame will also make the parent inherently secure, so if what you're saying is true, LootFrame would go bonkers with the code I posted, but it doesn't. Using SetPoint out of combat does not spread taint and your addon will not get blamed for anything if you do.

Please, Nimhfree, post your entire code for the whole addon if you haven't already. I'm 99% sure your problems come from somewhere else.
I think you oversimplify things, they way it should work and the way it works is completely different when we talk about taint. The default dropdown templates and their methods should not taint addons but they still do (mostly because of the reused objects), the mapframe should not go bonkers when opened in combat and blame pointless taint on addons even when not a single addon even touched the mapframe, but it does. The CompactRaidFrameX:ClearAllPoints() taint should never happen with disabled default raid frames but it still does. I'm not claiming that this is the way things currently work in the live servers, just sharing my experience from the past which might come handy since the guy plays on a private server (somewhere from endBC to MOP).

Taint are specially hard to track down, and works differently for different frames, and other enabled addons also play a big role.