View Single Post
02-08-07, 10:26 AM   #7
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Buttons

ZOMG! These buttons suck. They are too small. They are not where I want them. They're too far away from the left. They're too far from the right. They're way too square! MazzleUI sux!
MazzleUI ships with quite a few different button layouts, but buttons are very personal. As a result, Gnomeregan calculates that 70% of people will be less than 60% satisfied with 30% of some layouts occasionally. If you are one of those people, I recommend you either try one of the other layouts for your class, or start with one of the 'simple' layouts and configure it for your needs. For more information on how to configure your buttons, see the FAQ questions regarding Bongos, the button add-on that MazzleUI uses.
A Guide to Configuring Your Action Bars
To move your spells around

1 - Unlock your buttons by selecting 'Allow moving of spells and skills' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Drag your spells to where you want them.

To move your bars:

1 - Unlock your bars by selecting 'Unlock and edit buttons' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Drag your bars to where you want them.

To add or subtract buttons from a bar:

1 - Unlock your bars by selecting 'Unlock and edit buttons' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Right-click on the bar you want to modify.

3 - Move the 'Size' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

Note: You can change a variety properties from this menu, like the number of columns, the button size, the spacing between buttons, etc.

To increase or decrease the number of pages a bar has:

2 - Right-click on the bar you want to modify.

3 - Move the 'Pages' slider to the number of buttons you want the bar to have. There will be a slight delay as MazzleUI moves around all your spells and bindings so that you retain your layout.

To add or delete bars:

1 - Open Bongos by selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Click on the 'Action Bars' tab.

3 - Move the number of bars slider to the number of bars you want. Any new bars that are created will be just below the options window.

To change your buttons' key bindings:

1 - Open Bongos by selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu.

2 - Click on the 'Bindings' tab.

3 - Mouse over a button that you want to bind a key to.

4 - Push the key you want to bind to the button or hit 'Esc' to clear all bindings.

Note: You can bind multiple keys to a button, though only the first one will show on the button.

To hide or show a bar:

2 - Click on the 'Visibility' tab.

3 - Check or uncheck the bar you want to show or hide.

Note: You can also hide a bar by making the bars editable, right-clicking on it and selecting 'Hide'.

Every time I add a button or change my bars, MazzleUI keeps moving them back to the default positions. I am a button designing visionary! How do I stop this meddling UI from interfering with my work?
For most routine changes, the snap to layout feature can save users a lot of time. It eliminates all the little adjustments users have to make when adding or removing buttons by automatically making room by moving other bars into the same relative position. If you need to make more significant features, you can simply turn this feature off in MazzleOptions.

Proceed with your visionary work!

Dude, where's my mount?
The Mazzifier does not waste a button on a mount, though it does give you a binding to handle all your mounting needs. Well, perhaps not all your mounting needs. But, that's nothing that a quick trip to Goldshire shouldn't solve.

Anyway, use shift-~ to mount up.

Note: Mounting is controlled by an add-on called GoGoMount that can do lots of great things. For example, if you're a druid and you're in combat, it will switch you to travel form instead. Or if you're in Ahn'Qiraj, it will automatically substitute your bug mount in. Finally, if you try to cast a spell or click on a herb or mineral node, it will automatically dismount you. To configure the options for mounting, look under GoGoMount in MazzleOptions.

Hmm... I've got a bunch of small letters like A1, C1, S1, etc... on my Action Buttons. What are they?
Those letters denote the keybindings for those buttons

A is for Alt C is for Ctrl S is for Shift

So 'AD' would be Alt-D, 'CF' would be Ctrl-F, etc. To modify the bindings on your buttons, you need to open up Bongos and do it from there. You can open up Bongos by either typing /bongos, opening up MazzleOptions or selecting 'Open Bongos Options' from the MazzleUI FuBar entry.

I need to change my button keybindings. Where is the best place to do that?
To change your buttons' key bindings, you need to access the Bongos bindings interface. To do so, you can do the following:

1 - Open Bongos by either selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu, selecting the Bongos options in MazzleOptions or by typing '/bongos'.

2 - Click on the 'Bindings' tab.

3 - Mouse over a button that you want to bind a key to.

4 - Push the key.

Note: You can bind multiple keys to a button, though only the first one will show on the button.

I just leveled and got my new spells... but how do i get get the UI to add them where they're supposed to be in this layout?
It's as easy as remazzifying your button layout. Just type /mazzify', check off 'Button Layouts' in the second page, choose your button layout on the button layout page and click on 'Mazzify Me'. It will re-drop spells into the layout. Any new spells or spell levels will now be in your buttons.

I just Mazzified and my button layout does not have one of my skills on it. Does that mean something went wrong?
It probably just means that the layout did not take that action or skill into account. There are so permutations of classes, races, talents, aspect ratios, that there are bound to be omissions in the layouts. If you find such an item, make sure to report it at the MazzleUI forums.

Note: As of 6-25-06, most new Burning Crusade skills have not yet been added to the button layouts. You'll need to add them on your own until Mazzlefizz does another button layout review."

My buttons are automatically casting spells on myself when I don't have the appropriate target. How do I turn that off?
There are two places you should check to turn that off.

First, check the auto self cast feature in the Blizzard options. Hit 'Escape', click 'Interface Options', and uncheck 'Auto Self Cast'. Second, check the self cast option in Bongos. You can open Bongos by either selecting 'Open Bongos option window' from the MazzleUI FuBar menu, selecting the Bongos options in MazzleOptions, or by typing '/bongos'.

Last edited by meio : 07-17-07 at 09:34 AM.