View Single Post
06-27-11, 12:18 PM   #480
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cromm View Post
I will not deny the fact that I have many instances in my life where I just cant get past my own retarded-ness, and this may just be one of those times.

I just tried using Macaroon for the first time today and I cannot get it to do anything other than open the options panel, and create a bar. I try to create a button, but I cannot set the icon. If I try to name it, the name doesn't stay, but I can click the 'send to vault' button and get something to happen, not a damned clue what, but it does something...

Is there a guide that I missed somewhere...maybe one that contains small words for guys like me that need somethings broken down barney style?
Well you've managed to create a bar and get to editing a button always something

When you write the macro for the button (if that's what you're trying to do). Writhe the macro first then change icon and name it. Leaving the macro text box empty tells Macaroon there is nothing this button should do so Macaroon simply goes "Ah, empty button, nothing to care about."
When you click send to vault it is supposed to save the macro in the macro vault I believe, but the Macro vault feature was put on hold, kind of.

It's an old feature so it is there and you can go to the vault and get your macros from there just not as easy as it's supposed to be. And any button automatically saves to the vault as it did in the past.

IF you're not going to be using macros and just want a lot of buttons and some other Macaroon perks, I suggest just creating the number of buttons and bars you want and dragging the spells and abilities from your spellbook unto the buttons you prefer.

Macaroon will then auto write the macro for handling that action. Unless you have the button set to ActionID# in which case you're basically using Blizzards buttons from a Macaroon bar.

Hope this shed any light on your matter. Feel free to ask again if needed. you can also PM me.