View Single Post
10-21-09, 10:14 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The .NET addon stays disabled for me, though I wish it was gone completely. I actually had forgotten to disable it when I installed Win7, and I got a popup the other day from FF saying that it was an unstable/insecure addon currently causing problems, FF disabled it, and for me to restart the browser.
Same for me. I should be able to just live with it, but I'm concerned because of the installation process to begin with. Why hide it (the installation), why not ask for permission, and why make it so a regedit is necessary to remove it?

I've been checking out Opera, and so far I like it, even with no adblocking or noscript type features (that I've found yet, only just installed and checked performance). Everything I've read so far places it as #1 for security (browser code itself, without addons) and in the top tier for performance as well. I'm not ready to commit to it, but it looks and performs very well.

I'm looking at the option of keeping FF using the methods Petra described as well, but reading about Opera has me thinking about the bloat of other browsers (and I'm uneducated in regards to pros/cons of bloat, DNS, and custom host files... but I'll attempt to get educated asap).

Thanks again for the advice, comments, and general information. It is very much appreciated.