View Single Post
11-09-09, 12:13 AM   #17
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Yeah, I've tried Opera a couple times now, and wanted to love it, but just couldn't. The funny thing is that I think what turned me off the most had nothing to do with web browsing but rather with the mail client.

I never could get it to connect to my personal mail server, or even get a useful message out of it. It would just tell me it couldn't connect and nothing else, even when I enabled "advanced logging". Meanwhile my server logs showed that it kept establishing a connection and then disconnecting for (apparently) no reason.

Crappy error messages FTW!
I had the same problem, but I never used a mail client for FF either. No biggie and I only check my email every other day or so anyway. I never answer my phone either...

The problem with my isp webmail is that it only recognizes FF and IE (and only recently for FF). When I go there on Opera it always shows java script as disabled, no matter what the settings are (disabled my custom scripts, enabled all cookies, made sure java was enabled... etc.).

My email consists of BestBuy junk mail, Pizza Gut offers, Papa John's offers, website notifications, and forwarded dumb jokes from family and friends. All of which can stay unread for as long as I want.