View Single Post
12-16-13, 08:55 PM   #77
baldcore
A Defias Bandit
I honestly left because I have a knack for seeing the early signs of a sinking ship. Its just like concept of jump the shark. You can always spot those little things that show greater signs of decline. Take for example the original starwars mmo before the current incarnation. The concept was just to be a regular alien in a regular star wars universe. Only a select few could become jedi. Then suddenly low and behold it was lifted like crazy and with it came a swarm of hundreds of wannabes all wanting to be jedis. From that point on the whole balance of the universe caved and everything that made it a unique trip through the star wars universe vanished. The same can be said about everquest. They needed to evolve with the times but they had a very tired model when it came to gameplay and eventually despite several years of trying they are still at the very bottom. Now Im not saying wow is about to die right now but if they can not find ways to reverse the decline I could easily see wow being in the same boat as everquest within 10 years or less. By that time they will be little more than an antiquated ford model t in the age of modern sports cars.