View Single Post
10-08-09, 09:46 AM   #33
Faraque
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
  • Clickable/bindable buttons.
    They would contain the key spells used in the rotation, ordered by importancy or by priority. They would have a cooldown like a normal ActionButton on top of it.
This is not possible given the limitations Blizzard imposed on addons. The buttons cannot dynamically change while in combat. Simply can't happen.
Additionally, creating more action buttons when it's unknown what action bar mods may already be in place, and potential conflicts with large numbers of mods for said action bar mods, that puts this idea mostly out of place.

• Duration timer.
    This could be on top of it (like in the image below) or below it.
  • Arrow or some other indicator.
    Something like a pulsing glow on top of the button, to indicate that you should use that ability next. An arrow is used in the below image.
I'm not against duration timers, however showing said bars is outside what I'm looking into. I want the focus to be on what's next, not how long is left on something prior.
Without a seperate action bar, with a known location, it would be impossible to have a moving, shifting arrow over/under/beside/ontop of what comes next.

So basically, something like SpellFlash, however SpellFlash is not an AddOn I would consider to be capable of helping you with rotations, but an AddOn to remind you of things you can do when you get an opportunity (I'm thinking of reactive abilities like overpower)
I like the ideas you have here, they are creative.