View Single Post
07-12-09, 03:54 PM   #2
Shinjite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Thorunn View Post
Greetings!

I am using MMOUI Minion and I love it. But now I have a really interesting problem

I've installed Nokia PC Suite and it thinks that the Minion is a Nokia application. And when I want to install it (I had to reinstall my notebook a few days ago) my windows (XP SP2) wants to run it with the Nokia application installer and install it to my phone
What should I do now? I don't have any idea
Thorunn, I've run into a similar situation where my ZIP program (in this case TugZIP, not sure if this would apply to others), associated Minion's .jar file type with it's ZIP extraction functions. I would click the Minion shortcut, and TugZIP would open, instead of just Minion. I went to TugZIP's file associations list and made sure it wasn't the default app to run .jar files.

This may address your problem: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...age.uid=452187

From the looks of it, if Nokia PC Suite is opening Minion and asking to install it on your phone, you'll have to change the file associations of PC Suite. Not having used that program myself, I'm not sure where to tell you to go for that. There may not be a menu for that in your program. But the Nokia forum thread above also mentions that uninstalling both PC Suite and all Java versions, then reinstalling Java is also a fix. That may mean if you want to use Minion, you can't use Nokia PC Suite if it won't cooperate with .jar files like Minion.