View Single Post
10-16-14, 12:29 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hayai View Post
One question that I have though is - will you guys keep developing this updater? I like it a lot.
And a second one (^.^) does it only compare the versions on Wowinterface or also some other websites (such as curse for example)?
Yes, we have big plans for Minion its one of our main focuses. We have a java programmer dedicated to working on it as well as my self working on the API and the fxml UI.

Minion only sees the version on WoWInterface. We do not index AddOns that aren't hosted on our site. We may look at indexing addons and versions on other sites and provide a link to the addons details page so it can be manually downloaded by you. We won't ever have Minion download directly from those sites as that would be very wrong on so many levels. Also Minions version detection for updates right now is a little "dumb" as it only detects that the version is different, its not able to tell if the version is newer or older on wowinterface than whats installed on your system. We are working on this but I don't think we'll ever get to 100% as some authors use non int based versioning schemes. We are working to improve this though! Detecting AddOns and their versions in the wild (not installed by Minion) is more difficult than it looks, the toc tricks you into thinking its easy.

With out giving away too much we are working on some ideas/features to attract more authors to upload/update here too.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-16-14 at 12:37 PM.