Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-10-06, 01:50 PM   #51
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
they are choosing to _not look_ around and see the scenery. They have chosen to look at bars and watch or listen when someone needs help. That is your role. Think of it as being the person who drives the car on long trips.
Your joking right? Healers are "choosing" to have an inferior gameplay experience? That is a ludicrous statement. What your describing is a function of bad game design, not an active choice that players make when they pick a class that is *required* for any successful party or raid.

The game already suffers from a lack of healers and the high-end content requires a disproportionate number of healers to reliably and repeatably win encounters. How many guilds turn away priests (even bad ones) because they are full?

And these changes *will* cause healers to reroll as something else or simply quit. So lets make the game content less fun, less enjoyable and less scenic for healers. After all, they "have chosen to look at bars" when they rolled a priest.

I'm not a priest, but my main is a warrior and I do expect to be dying a LOT more often. It costs me 10g to repair from 0% durability and I expect my repair bills will be incredible in BC.

Then figure that wipes will be more common. I play a Fury DPS warrior and one of my roles is to watch for strays and pull them back to the main tank. I'm going to be a lot less effective at that without a stance switch + taunt or a stance switch + mocking blow. That means more squishies dying and thus wipes will be more common.