Thread: 2.3 & Mazzle
View Single Post
11-09-07, 03:13 AM   #33
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Arkive
If I'm being honest, an update to this package is unlikely given how poorly commented the Mazzle UI files are (unless Mazz comes back to save the day). We can still hope, but much like you, I've been working on my own compilation with the same look and feel for personal use in the time being in case 2.3 screws the pooch completely. Luckily, most of the mods that Mazzle relies on (and similar ones that have been updated but accomplish the same effect) allow you to make something pretty similar, but without the automation. Mine works fine on the 2.3 PTR minus a few mods that I know will get updates the day or two after (i.e. Cartographer).
I will have to disagree with you on the likelyhood of Mazzle UI being updated due to the 'poorly commented' state of the Mazzle UI files. Mazzle relies heavyly on other addons to do what it does best and unfortunately if those break or get abandoned Mazzle will suffer.

As for 2.3 I am only looking for an update to SW_Stats and Smart Buff both of which when Mazzified break the process but that in and of itself with them disabled do not degrade the use of Mazzle.

All we can really do is wait for 2.3 to hit and cleanup the mess afterwards, or as you hav already said move on to other things.