View Single Post
03-12-11, 02:44 AM   #11
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Start of Terms of Use
The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Blizzard’s copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

[...]

D. modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

In shorter words, unless Blizzard explicitly says "hey, feel free to muck about with our MPQ files to your heart's content", any messing with MPQ files is a violation to the Terms of Use you agree to after each patch.

I really shouldn't have to point this out... don't people read contracts these days?

Originally Posted by End of Terms of Use
I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT MY USE OF THE GAME IS AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MY AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT.