View Single Post
07-31-12, 09:13 AM   #38
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by yodawhip View Post
all I'm saying is that the nav gui should flow in one direction in a logical sequence.

again, you can easily accommodate all users by coding the navigation in the simplest form.

the version we all know & love is a very good reference for keeping it simple, and not completely doing a 180 deg turn into who knows what direction.
I'm curious as to what the problematic difference between the two is though.

Live:
  • You select aura from the browser window.
  • You navigate to the type of thing you want to edit. If you want to change the timer/stacks counter, you still need to enter a tab for it.
  • You use controls in a bloody massive editor window that you've gotten used to over the past <time of usage>.

Now:
  • You select aura from browser window.
  • You pick the display you want to control. We can't remove this step, because timers/stacks are 'first class' now.
  • You pick the type of thing you want to change.
  • You edit it.

I see, at most, two more steps. That's not a whole lot. Descriptive feedback would kinda help pinpoint the issue here, at the moment the main thing is there's too many levels of depth to navigate though for the advanced editors, and one other possible issue is having to go up/down a level to change sections (such as from style to activation).

Apologies if I'm being a bit rough in terms of given feedback here, but at the moment it's somewhat like trying to find my way through a maze while blindfolded, and the directions I'm being given are "don't walk into a wall".

I'll try and work on something tonight and post a couple of screenshots later on (if I get it all hooked up). Feedback would be appreciated

Last edited by Meorawr : 07-31-12 at 09:29 AM.