View Single Post
11-26-12, 02:32 PM   #5
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
Thanks for the replies guys.

@Barjack: I am going to skip your message because Dridzt's proposition has your idea inherently, but I am beginning to think you are correct: there is an amount of garbage just from the HookScript that can't be avoided.

@Dridzt: That block of code is 100%, verbatim(save for variable names) what I had last night, and the problem still persists. The reason I added so much redundancy into mine was to prevent the for loop applying the HookScripts more than once. I debugged it with print(i), and the for loop runs several times without the tabHooked implementation I had. Furthermore, I tried the GetNumActiveChatFrames() function to prevent my addon for messing with irrelevant tabs, to try to address the memory issue.

Yes, shown has no value, it is left over from the original function and I forgot to remove it, but it will return nil and default to chatFrame.isDocked and still produce a working result.

I'm not satisfied just letting the garbagecollector take care of the memory, is there perhaps anymore insight on the situation?