View Single Post
03-25-10, 01:54 PM   #5
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
No problem. The big thing with any UI is having it work for you. Since you complained about it feeling cluttered, the first thing I thought of was "what can be moved/removed?". The biggest thing to keep in mind is, what do you need on the screen all the time vs what is situational and then, how to make the situational items appear (mouseover, on combat, out of combat, etc). After that, the next big thing is mostly just placement and where to put things that fit with your playstyle. For me personally? I can't stand HUDs. They make me feel claustrophobic. Others I know do very very well with them.

Having a screenshot helps because you can objectively view it out of the game to see where things are and decide if you like them there or not.

Enjoy tweaking

Re: Buff bars, I only mentioned it because you said they were going over your bars on the edge. If you're happy with them, leave them and just move the bars elsewhere. Alternatively, maybe set the buttons on those bars to have keybinds associated with them so you don't have to click the button (and again, have the bar hidden if not using it).

For watching debuffs, maybe sticking with Healbot won't work for you, maybe try Vuhdo? I'd suggest Grid but it requires a bit more work to set up initially.

Last edited by harrellj : 03-25-10 at 02:27 PM.