View Single Post
06-19-08, 12:52 PM   #1
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

Talking Request for A new Bar Mod *begs*

So, I have been looking around for a Bar mod comparable to the one I want.
The idea started when I fell in love with my priest after leveling my hunter to 70.
I sometimes need to down rank my healing (as I am sure many a priest has to do from time to time) and in doing so, got sick of trying to figure out how my bars should be arranged for this.
I remember once seeing a Bar mod (possibly based on Serenity) for rogues, with a center circle for poisons and all the poisons around it that could be put on, right click = right hand weapon, left click = left hand weapon. I also saw one recently that is great for Shammies, it has a center circle for each type of totem,Fire, Earth Etc, with surrounding circles for the totems that fit under that class. (sorry I cant remember the name atm)
I played around with Bongos for a while,I dabbled in Lunar and Trinity, but went back to the Blizz default because I couldn't find one to give me what I wanted most.

Anyway, heres the idea (this bar mod should also be able to fit just about any class)

~Bars that are circle based. Center circle should hold highest rank of specific spell (drag and drop placement), surrounded by smaller circles with the lower ranks of the spell in ascending order.
~Numerous main Circles can be created.
~With all circles being able to be Drag and Drop action/food/spell placed.

~Here is one thing I would love, since I use the Default bar mostly, I love that Shift number takes you to another bar, I would like the circles to be able to be Shift Number Set.
Example: (since I don't think I am explaining this well) First Circle is Flash Heal, surrounded by all the ranks of Flash currently known, Call this Action Bar 1. Second Circle is Heal, as previous surrounded by lesser ranks, However this becomes Action Bar 2, so to access it I would hit Shift 2, then the number for the spell (1 current highest rank, 0 for lowest rank or whatever). And this would keep going to Action bar highest level allowed I suppose.
~However, I would like some sort of Highlighting, or Aura, around the currently selected Action bar....yea Ive been guilty of forgetting to go back to Bar 1 and getting mad because my spell wont go off >.<

~Key bindings should be available. Would be very helpful if they could somehow default to Blizz default key binding, to make it more user friendly.
~Empty bar slots should fade like the default ones do unless dragging a new spell/macro.
~I would like the Blizzard controls, such as character, spell book, options etc to be created in their own circle, with character in the center, however I know many people don't use them, so an option to remove this bar would be good. (Like Bongos does)
~Same as above with the bag bar.
There are many plug in addons out there for little things like coloring when spells are ready, or showing cool down timers so these are options that don't necessarily need to be put into the Bar mod like was implemented in Bongos3.
~And possibly an option for a few straight bars, not circle based in case someone would need them, for a cleaner look or to save screen real estate.
*~ Bars should be able to be Click/Dragged around screen for placement untill Locked. (similar to Bongos, Trinity)
*~ Also controls for scaling the Bar sizes.
*~ Perhaps controls for the Transparancy (or auto fading slightly unless active or mouseover, but not necessary)
*~ Minimap control button or similar for ease of accessing and modifying layout/buttons.(as opposed to /commands)
~Oh and I suppose making it easy for skinning would be nice, as there are many beautiful button options out there, and some very clever and highly artistic people that would enjoy creating skins for this Bar Mod. I wish I could think of a way to keep the griffins, or other similar art work, but I just cant seem to figure how it would work in this kind of Bar Mod, even if I do like them .
Hmm I believe thats it. Oh sure give me a few hours and another Dr Pepper and I could probably come up with some more ideas, but it would lean to personalization. As this stands I believe it would work for any class, and be extremely user friendly.
(at least it does in my mind....and I like it in here, its cozy...dont make me leave!!)

I hope some genius out there would like to think about this, and perhaps answer my prayer (of [Mental Mending]?) I would forever be grateful. And who knows...maybe many others would too, then you could be come famous. It could happen.

P.S. If this Bar mod exists already and somehow I missed it in all my hours of searching...slap me with a tuna fish and send me in the right direction please. Thanks!

**Ok ok done now, I think, Oh, wait what about....NO... I have to walk away now, thanks again!**

Last edited by Hhoky : 06-19-08 at 01:03 PM. Reason: *Forgot something* /facepalm