View Single Post
05-28-10, 12:02 PM   #7
Kludge
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
It may be that you're using several mods that are spamming addon traffic. Carbonite may look like the culprit because it's traffic is easily visible due to the custom channels that it uses. However, many addons use hidden chat messages (that are sent via normal channels, but aren't displayed by the WoW client under normal operation).

In order to see what's really going on you either need to enable chatlogging or, better yet, use Spamalyzer to see all of that hidden addon spam and/or see total I/O figures by addon.
Nope, it was definitely Carbonite but thanks for the excellent info about Spamalyzer.

I stopped using Carbonite because it was so annoying to not be able to speak. After a while of suffering through the horrible default map, not being able to set "goto" points or resize the map, I figured I give it one last try.

Readin Vis' post I looked fo a "disable punks detection" under punks but there wasn't any such setting. Luckily I was able to figure out how to get it to stop by basically disabling everything so the idea to go to the punks section help a lot.

Thanks again for all the help guys.