View Single Post
03-20-11, 07:13 PM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
... target health, mana and cast, the most important information in the game for a DPS and Tank?
When I'm tanking, the target's health and mana are pretty far down my list of "important information". Health is only relevant for encounters where important things happen at specific health thresholds, and even then I don't really care about the target's actual health, because I have boss mods that tell me when those important things are happening. Mana is similiarly irrelevant in all but a very small number of specific encounters.

Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
...unintuitive bars that show two flat lines. ... for personal and target info strictly, a HUD is obviously superior.
Sorry, but you're going to need more than a condescending rant to convince others that your opinion is any more of an objective fact than your opinion that carrots taste good (or bad), or that pink and orange go well together (or not).

You like HUD-style unit frames. Good for you. Not everyone does. There's no reason for you to be an ass and come on here ranting about how your personal preference is "obviously superior" to someone else's personal preference, especially when you have absolutely zero empirical evidence to support your claim.

If you can show us some peer-reviewed scientific studies that conclude that curved vertical bars in the middle of the viewing area are "better" in some way than straight horizontal bars for displaying information about units in a video game, please do it. Otherwise, your opinion is just as objectively meaningless as your opinion about carrots.