View Single Post
01-23-18, 02:14 AM   #5
Eungavi
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
Mine might not be a good example of LAB usage because I'm still migrating to it and code needs to be adjusted, I used to re-use Blizz buttons.
Don't worry too much about it

The only thing that I need is just a brief reference so that I could get a bare minimum idea on how I should deal with it.
There is an official documentation for LAB on its project page, but I find it too simple (or short)

But from my experience so far LAB is missing only one thing: a new 735 feature that allows you to right-click an action button to toggle pet action's autocasting if it's placed on your action bar. But that's Blizz forgetting about us, addon devs, once again, it's not a part of secenv, so nothing can be done atm >_>
So, is Blizzard aware of this issue(?)? Or are they really unconcerned about addon devs (as you said)?

Other than that, it's fine. It's not that customisable by default, but it's a lib, so you can edit its code w/o any issues. That's what I did.
If I'd customize the appearance of buttons/action bars (border, background, glow, etc), which approach would you recommend?

Should I directly adjust it from lib file? Or should I modify it on button creation?

Benefits of using LAB are quite nice, the most important, at least for me, is that you don't need to dance around default buttons' OnUpdate and OnEvent handlers, like each button has its own o_O LAB uses a better approach, so it may actually be a performance gain. And, once again, because it's a lib, you can alter it w/o breaking anything.
Could I get some further explanation regarding this, please?

Many thanks!

-Engavi

Last edited by Eungavi : 01-24-18 at 12:12 AM.