View Single Post
10-03-09, 01:33 PM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Switching to Kubuntu 9.10, BornabeUI will resume support within a few days.

I'm finally dropping Windows altogether and making the permanent move to Linux using Kubuntu v9.10 64bit. I've always loved Linux and now have something worth using that can completely replace Windows, even for Gaming now that Wine's made such great strides recently. Once everything is installed, insanely configured and I add in everything I want to add, I'll resume full support for BornabeUI.

WoW plays flawlessly on Linux and for myself gives me 8-10 more FPS on average and MUCH lower latency numbers on a regular basis.

The only thing I'll miss is iTunes, which is currently being looked at to be implemented with Wine. Once that's done, life can move forward.

I'm even workign on a project to fully bring Gaming to Linux through an outstanding web site I'll be working on soon. I already bought the domain and have begun designing it, but want to take my time on putting it all together. It's going to have a community based feel to it as well as provide solid reviews, instructions, tips, etc... and different sections for OpenSource Linux Games, Games for Windows that'll run in Linux and also Commercial Games for Linux. If all goes well, it'll help promote the one OS companies stay away from the most when designing / porting their games. :-D Lots of rambling here that most won't even read, but I was waiting for some files to leap onto my storage drive as backup, lol. Off I go!