View Single Post
03-14-13, 10:04 AM   #9
Squishery
A Murloc Raider
Thanks to all for the help. Being new here, its great to find such a knowledgeable crew here at WI.
I am happy to report that Carbonite is once again functional on my system. heyhey

I had to go into the Wow add ons directory, the "saved variables" directories under account and under each character and remove all .lua and .bak files referring to Carbonite. Then did a fresh install of the current stable release (5.1.6??.. pretty sure) and whalla! Success!

There are a few buggeries (like no colored quest zones, and it wanting to load/track very old quests every time I log on) but it is functional across most major needs (Map, Goto points, quests). I have not tried every feature yet.
I did save all of the old files (in a recreation of their previously installed directory structure) in hope that I will somehow be able to use them to reclaim the notes that I had already done.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my old notes to the new install? Im thinking its just a matter of editing a lua file to have the appropriate tags/pointers... but Im no developer. The last thing I coded was a batch (bat) file in DOS. :>

Some help there would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.