10-15-08, 05:32 PM   #11
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sarkan-ZdC View Post
http://underworldexodus.com/forum/fo...st=7587&page=3

Here is the first fixes incoming.

DUF should work until Weekend.

But what with the rest? The Art/Viewport?
The viewport should be fairly trivial. I think Mazzle was inspired by Aperture, which I used today. As I recall when looking at the viewport code, it was kinda simple.

As for the art, that was also a Discord Mod (DART, IIRC). Not having looked at the updates you posted (yet), I'm unsure if this is being fixed as well.

If we absolutely must find a replacement unit frame that does all that we're used to, we're probably going to have to zero in on Pitbull. Its the only frame addition that I've found that does the vertical bars on unit frames. Pitbull also integrates out of the box with DogTags libraries for putting various texts on the frames. Although it doesn't incorporate any kind of portrait (let alone a snazzy 3D Model) and something will have to be found for that.

I've cobbled a bunch of mods together to make a "fake Mazzle" UI to use in the meantime, but it is decidedly painful trying to set up each of my characters and not have them automagically set up for me.

While I've been learning a bit of LUA, I'm no expert. As I understand the changes the majority of them are around how objects are referenced ('this' vs. 'self' or something like that), the drop down menus interface has changed so that anything that uses drop downs (like all throughout the Mazzifier) will need to change, and finally the changes to Load on Demand modules (which is how most of the mods we're used to change their options -- with a separate LOD module.

All that said, I'm not a coder by trade. I'd actually be of much more use as a tester. In face, I beta-tested the original Mazzle (even before BC)...I think there are actually a decent number of us left that watch these forums.

Let me know how I can help.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester