Thread: Cirk's Fastcast
View Single Post
03-22-06, 03:54 PM   #14
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Azareus78
Ok, I've run debugon when casting Ice Block, here the result:
I think that it checks the cooldown and then stops the action so it's impossible to remove iceblock pressing the action button (quite the same problem of the post above)....
Thanks for running that test for me Azareus78, yeah for some reason the cooldown check is interfering here, and I'm not quite sure why. I'll do some more experimenting on my end, see if I can figure out what exactly is happening that makes this scenario different to other toggle type actions with a cooldown (such as Stealth).

Originally Posted by mark718
I currently use the following macro to activate all my timers. Up until I installed fastcast, it would allow me to activate all three abilities or whichever ones were not on cooldown at the time (ie, Arcane Power and ZHC, or just ToEP).
As you can see, I use the UseByName mod off curse-gaming. Anyway, after installing Fastcast, I can no longer activate my trinkets while Arcane Power is on cooldown. Pressing the macro would yield nothing even though the trinkets were ready for use. Upon disactivating fastcast, the macro begins to function as it should.
Hi mark718, yeah that looks like the same problem that teedog was having (see teedog's earlier posts) and that modification to Fastcast.lua I posted above should also fix the issue for you. I'll be doing some testing on that for the next release of Fastcast, but if you get a chance to try it out and let me know if it works for you, that'd be great.

Originally Posted by Raknor
Interesting addon, could be very useful. But unfortunatly I can't use it :/

I got a couple of self written addons that make heavy use of keybindings, CastSpell and CastSpellByName. Can you please update your addon to hook these functions as well?
Thats an interesting idea Raknor, I didn't hook those functions because normally these functions would be called via macros (and therefore triggered from the action bar), and most key-binding direct addons that I was thinking of (buffing mods, etc.) use instant cast spells. However, there are mods (like yours) that use cast-time spells directly from key-bindings or their own non-action buttons.

One of the big difficulties however with not using UseAction and the action functions is that without being able to call IsCurrentAction, there is no easy way to know if the client has accepted the spellcast request or not, which can really complicate the sequencing logic (think what happens if there are multiple requests to the function before a SPELLCAST_STOP or SPELLCAST_START event occurs - which one was it actually for?). I may look into this for a future relase, but due to the complexity its not very high on my priority list at the moment.

Feel free to have a play around with it yourself and see if you can get it to work with hooked CastSpell and CastSpellByName functions though, I'd be intrigued to see a solution if you can come up with one.

Thanks all for the feedback!
-- Cirk