View Single Post
05-06-09, 01:18 PM   #13
Pyrophoric
A Cyclonian
While I believe WoWM's side of the story, I also believe that most of the animosity has stemmed from Curse and their greed.

WoWI on the other hand, developing a free application without limits and a premium service simply to remove ads, seems less of an aggressor. They seem like they may have been pushed into some sort of cut off agreement. :/

Personally, I would be willing to bet Curse was the one to bringing up the idea of cutting WoWM off and they coaxed WoWI to go along…which is most likely due to their premium updater being released as the article suggested.

What bothers me most in this whole situation is that we are now back to scavenging multiple sites for the correct updates for our plugins.

I have both the free Curse updater and the older WoWI updater and can say they do not work well together. Not only because neither site is a one stop shop for addons but because even addon information doesn't always match. You could have one plugin on both sites with both being the same version and author but because the addon info differs it will see it as needing an update when switching between updaters.

So, I wish that either all three would band together to provide a one stop shop for addons or at the very least ensure that addon information is exactly the same so if you update with one plugin all the others recognize the update.

Last edited by Pyrophoric : 05-06-09 at 01:31 PM.