View Single Post
07-21-14, 04:00 PM   #1
Keltian
Premium Member

Premium Member
First impressions/feedback

I decided to check today and was pleasantly surprised that you’ve added WoW support to the new Minion app. I ran the app and it told me it was restarting to update. When it opened up again, it began detecting the WoW installation and pulling up the list of installed add ons. This all took about a minute or two. Then it found add ons to update so I clicked the update button. Wow, they all downloaded and installed fast. I noticed it downloads them all at one as opposed to the 3 at a time that the Curse client did. Since I have high bandwidth I really appreciate it but it may be necessary to allow users to have the option to limit the number of add ons downloaded at a time if they have a lower bandwidth connection. There has been an issue I discovered where it didn’t correctly match the add ons I had installed and replaced them with something else entirely. One was Auctionator, it replaced it with AI-Art - Auctionator. It also matched an add-on as FauxMazzle Beta, for that one I’m not sure which one it replaced. I’m not sure if it picked up all the add ons or not. It would help if there was a count at the bottom of the screen showing the number of add ons installed. I know it skipped the modules for Ackis Recipe List. Each of those is a separate add-on that needs to be updated on their own. It would help if it showed the all the add ons installed in the add-on folder while indicating the ones that are not being updated by Minion. That is a feature I found useful in Curse. I just wanted to end off by saying how happy I am to see an add-on updater with active Mac support. The Curse client still works but is no longer being supported so seeing Minion with Mac support is a relief to me as I am a heavy add-on user. Thank you.
Edit: Also, a refresh button to force Minion to recheck the add ons as well as an option to set how often it checks for new add ons would be really helpful.
Edit 2: I know that Minion integrates into ESOHead but I noticed that it didn’t do anything with Wowhead, it didn’t pick up the add-on at all. Are you guys planning to integrate Wowhead into Minion? It would be great because then I wouldn’t need to run the Wowhead client.

Last edited by Keltian : 07-21-14 at 04:09 PM.