Thread: caelUI
View Single Post
02-11-11, 07:17 PM   #15
Jankly
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by riccochet View Post
Hey everyone,
I'm not a lua expert or anything but i am trying to learn since i really like using this UI. I know you have discussed how it sets up graphic options based on your resolution, zone, etc, but what do you do to disable that entirely? i have found bits and peices of the cvarData lua file that sort of make sense for this (looks like it sets values for certain advanced graphics options) but i don't really want to be setting everything up manually, and i don't really know how to set everything up with the values i want anyways. Is there a way to just remove that option or comment out some lines so that it doesn't load those options? Or will that break everything and i just need to edit all the values so they mirror my desired options? The sound stuff was pretty straightforward, but i find the graphics options confusing me a bit...
The cool thing about this new released version, r10 090211, is that it contains a new solution to handle those settings. By default it will default to the cvarData.lua file, but after you enter game, you can actually change your settings and it will save them for you for the next time you load them. This works across all characters that you use caelUI on as well, so you don't have to change anything again, unless you dump your WTF folder.