View Single Post
11-20-11, 08:08 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My guild is running 2x10man teams.

Not "A" Team, "B" Team, we keep them balanced and in-fact periodically shuffle members both to keep everyone playing with everyone and avoid segregation but also to help whichever seems to be lagging behind.

LRF will allow us to set aside 1 raid night that we run in 25 for some whole-guild fun.
(our 10man teams will continue to run normal/heroic difficulty as now)
The easier difficulty will allow us to get casual (in the sense of infrequent raiders) as well as less knowledgeable people on board,
and the ability to fill the odd spot with pugs if we happen to have a slow night ensures no cancelled raids.

I can see it working very nicely for casual guilds, not sure about pure /tradechat or x-realm pugs.

In the end the experience for anyone solo-queuing LFR will very much depend on what's the majority of groups that will end up populating the tool.
- core is tradechat pug from same server (will be same as pugs in WotLK, some good some bad)
- core is guild group (will probably be good)
- there is no core, LFR just put random people together (going to be a nightmare, horror stories are going to spawn)

I believe it will be better than people think mainly because a big portion of the groups will actually be pre-made in one sense or another;
form raid THEN signup in LFR for the last few spots.
So anyone solo-queuing will have a decent chance to be placed in a group that has some cohesion.

Last edited by Dridzt : 11-20-11 at 08:16 PM.