View Single Post
11-05-09, 05:33 PM   #26
Laslo
Premium Member
Premium Member
I really don't see the problem with this.

I'm sure everyone will poop their pampers at me saying this, but I really don't see a problem with them selling gold either. I fully get not wanting people to buy gold from outside sources, but buying it directly from Blizz? I don't see the big deal.

Who cares where people get their gold really? What are people gonna buy with the gold anyway? Powerlevel tradeskills? The Traveller's Tundra Mammoth? Gear from the AH that isn't as good (for the most part) as anything you can get the old fashioned way? Who cares about any of that stuff?

If anything, it levels the playing field a bit for people who have irregular or very little play time. Some of us can spend all day farming gold and acquiring whatever we want with said gold, while someone who works all day and has 3 kids to deal with can buy gold with the money they worked all day for and get the same stuff. It doesn't hurt my feelings when someone has the same stuff as me.

I also think this whole talk of it messing up the economy is silly. What's the difference between someone who farmed gold for a week buying some overpriced crap in the auction house versus someone who bought gold from Blizz? Blizz doesn't get any benefit from someone farming primals, and the person who sells the item on the AH never knows or cares where the person who bought the item got their money, so what does it matter?

Further, it's not like everybody in the game is gonna go out and buy 100k and be set for "life." The pets cost $10 each. I think we can all agree that that price is pretty steep. How much do you think a real substantial amount of gold is going to cost? $500? $1000? Many people (look at the wow.com post) have already talked about how they want the two pets but can't afford it right now. How much gold do you think they are really going to be able to afford?

All that being said, I do agree that things that actually impact game balance should not be sold for real life money. I just don't see that gold has any impact at all.

However, all this talk is probably pointless anyway, because it'll most likely never happen. Too many people are crying over two pets, let alone what will happen if they start selling gold or other items.