View Single Post
07-18-13, 05:31 PM   #1
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Angry Infuriating oRA3 issues...

Ok, so I have replaced my good old CTRA mod with oRA3 because some of you guys highly recommended it here at WoWInterface. Cleaner code, etc, etc.

Now, a month leater I'm getting really frustrated, mad and pisssed off already about this addon's completely user-unfriendly usage. I really can't find out even the most simple things about this oRA3...

How come there's no any list of slash commands available? Ok, most of the command are taken from CTRA but hey! they implemented a list in there at least! I simply can't issue a custom vote to my raid because the good old /ravote command simply trashed out from oRA3?? Ok, no problem, maybe the authors have changed the command. Lets see what command can I use instead.... I did hours of searching over the internet, googling it over and over again with no success!! I simply can't find a complete list of available oRA3 slash commands or even a full documentation that probably contains it. Moreover, the authors included a "little reference" of slash commands into the ingame options with the most well known commands but not a single indication or link for the complete list!

I miss not only the /ravote but many, many more commands like /ratab, rakeyword (/rakw), /raitem or even /rarly !! That was fun!
Can anyone tell me why on the earth I can't find a simple list of slash command for oRA3 anywere? It's seems somewhat similar to a fcking State Secret...

Ammo, funky, I really appreciated your hard work, and love most of your stuff but tell my why on earth should this oRA3 be so user-unfriendly and overcomplicated compared to the original CTRA? That was plain and understandable, and so easy to use. I just typed the addon's name (as any other wow addon's name) in the chat: /ctra and BANG! I got my addon's options screen on the fisrt shot! Ohh, look at this! Even on the fisrt page I opened I've been informed to type /RAHELP if I want to know more! and DENG, I got a really nice long list about available slash commands! And thats all INGAME! On the very first look! So simple usage for a complicated addon! I like user-friendly stuff! OH MY! And that is fcking... REGULAR. Every addon works like this. every but oRA.

... I remember my first meeting with oRA3. I was trying to bring forth the addon's panel, spending a good 10 minutes on trying various console commands, like /ora3 /ora /ra /ctra /whateverRA when I realised there's no slash command. Well, at least I can't find it and the addon doesn't tell me its secret. Anyway, the outcome is the same. Spent another 10 minutes until I found out that I should go into the "Social" menu then I should go deeper into the raid tab if I want to see something oRAish... Clicking here and then there all over the time as there is not a single command to bring up oRA3... is reeeally wearisome. Yea, yea, I'm the user. I must be know of if any commands available. Well, no problem. I like meetings!

So I wanted to issue a damned custom vote today in ToT and I just.... couldn't. /ravote doesn't seem to work. Google wasn't help at all.

You guys gave us the "little reference" of slash commands so where's the rest?? Where?

Why don't you simply put a link into there to redirect us users who interested in more? Why are you hiding the damned slash commands like secrets?? Why are you hiding even your addon in the game? A lot of time needed to figure how to rout out the oRA3 tab. Why did you remove /ratab? Was it too damned simple? Why /ora3 can't make it? Where is the help command since you trashed /rahelp out aswell? Why I can't set a new inviting keyword without clicking ALL THE WAY AGAIN back into the freaking Social menu THEN clicking the raid tab THEN clicking on the options menu THEN clicking on the invite tab.... Torture! It's a torture! You tortured us guys! Tell me there's slash commands! Ok, how can I check if everyone in the raid has say Bandages since /raitem also does not work anymore.

Where is the rest of the slash commands? Would you guys tell me why this info is impossible to find? Also would you tell me please why don't you simplify the usage of oRA3 as made before in CTRA? Slash commands would greatly ease our life... Well there may be some but why you don't let us know?

Last edited by Voxxel : 07-18-13 at 05:46 PM.