View Single Post
06-12-21, 06:16 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's unlikely to be easy as you are literally going against Blizzards config-macro.txt content process. The number of macros available is more than likely hard coded into the game as that part of the player data is stored outside of the wtf files. If you read the explanation on the Mega Macros addon it explains that it moves macros around to give the impression that you have more than the number of macros allocated. You then have to make sure you make a back up of your macros ( I think before installing the addon ) so that when you uninstall it you can restore your previous addons. If you don't follow the backup/restore instructions as they provide you risk losing your macros.

I personally never went over the default macro count. But then I only had mouseover healing macros for my healer toons, and a few miscellaneous public ones and a handful for the classes I quested on.

For the last 2 expansions I haven't needed to use the macros at all as I have been using https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...iedTarget.html and have been playing as if I had no special addon installed to help me.