View Single Post
07-15-21, 02:00 AM   #89
feraldrood
A Theradrim Guardian

Ccui

https://github.com/CoreVale/CCUI/issues/1

Above is a link to a series of pictures showing the basic variabilities of layout for the UI I spent far too many hours honing in wow. I'd chosen to call it "Class Core User Interface" or CCUI. I Got lost in optimizing aesthetics and never sharing (apologies for the selfishness). A few of the iterations were lost as computers broke, but here's what's left. Can't say I play these days, but I put too many hours into it to not share it.

All credit goes to (among many lost names): Birg, Haleth (skarie for keeping a version alive), pHishr, Duke, p3lim, Lynn, Vxt, Halcyon, Vranx, Roth, Tuk, Elv, SrCarebear, Kendian, ComputerNerd, Taryble too who share's that avatar (cant remember who joined first), Kolkil, Sunnydee, don't recall the name of the creator; but "ultimui," Much gratitude for putting up and addressing my anonymous altogether plebian questions. Lastly (most importantly) for providing the horsepower behind the idea of CCUI (utilizing the existing class crests as an anchor to base a user interface around) Odylle. Never thanked you for that... so, Thanks be to you sir or ma'am. I know there are so many more. forgive me, and pls drop ur names by. The UI community that was created by wow has and i hope might remain something special.

As Far as what I did with the inspiration these good folks fed me- Each class and most specs have modified "class core" crest art (just changin colors and cleaning up some pixels here and there; at the last time of my playing they also included relevant class ability procs/cooldowns/snapshots/pandemic timers) and through the grace of weakauras two (those godly creators) relevant spell effects conveying pertinent information to the user while also feeling "immersive" as best as i could figure at the time. Some classes more than others, but check the screenshots. If the interest is there, I will learn how to make videos and upload some of all the classes/specs I did something with. Hope someone finds it useful )

* I would be remiss to not mention the above par running of this site. If i wasn't such a technological pleb i'd know who to thank. but I don't. Certainly for the forward facing personalities of Cairenn and Seerah to say nothing of the rest of the mods, thanks for all the help you provided

Last edited by feraldrood : 07-16-21 at 04:56 AM.