View Single Post
05-08-13, 04:17 PM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Fair point. I do actually want to make it easier to change the theme, but it was never designed with that in mind and it'll be quite a pain to add more advanced options.

Part of the reason I actually wanted to move away from the gradient is because of technical issues. Any gradient alpha texture on a frame that has an AnimationGroup as a child, or is a child of a frame with an AnimationGroup, will go completely white on every OnUpdate call as long as the animation lasts. My original 'fix' to this on the talent frame, for example, was to disable the Play function of the glow animation of the 'Learn' buttons. This caused taint though, and now I use a whole lot of workarounds (including setting the gradient alpha every OnUpdate for the duration of the animation), and it -still- doesn't work properly in certain scenarios which I can't identify.

I could of course find or make me an actual gradient texture, but then that makes customization more difficult. Unless I add an in-game option for people to switch between the flat and gradient texture, then set the colour...

ponders