View Single Post
07-26-11, 11:27 AM   #1170
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I admit that it took me about a week to get used to it. You just need to retrain your eyes to look there instead of where they're used to looking. Remember, before you installed an addon for it, you were used to looking all the way up in the top left corner for that information.
This is true. I used a layout with the player frame below-left and the target frame below-right of the centre for ages, until I switched to my current asymmetrical layout. Now I can't use anything else unless I retrain, but I'm fine with my current layout.

I've also noticed that no matter where you place your unit frames, it makes no difference in how long to look from your UI to the game world and back. Even when your frames are exactly in the middle, you won't be able to see what's going on while looking at them. Your eyes need to re-focus regardless, though you do save on some eye movement which might reduce strain.

What is most important, in my opinion, is that all of your important UI elements are placed together. Having the unitframes at the top and action bars with cooldowns at the bottom, like in the default UI, makes it almost impossible to get a good overview of everything.