View Single Post
08-28-15, 10:28 PM   #2
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shinzou View Post
I think it would be good if the what's hot list only shows addons/compilations that are compatible with the current patch. I think this would be a good incentive for authors to keep their addons updated.

Between the two lists (addons and compilations) there are seven or so items that haven't been updated since well before the current patch was released. Some haven't been updated since just after the release of WoD.

It is very possible that their download are only staying up there because they are on that list and people would be better served to be provided a list of updated addons.
Whole system is really just broken. You can just spam a download and it will put it in the list of whats hot. The system just needs to be completely redone. I have mentioned it a couple times and others hate it too but I doubt it will be changed.

For example you go download a UI well if you keep spamming the download it wont count anymore. Simply because you already downloaded it and added to the downloads. look at LUI v3.. What a joke its been top for the longest because someone is just spamming the download button to keep it up there. I highly doubt a UI like that is downloaded that much. So in all fairness it shouldn't keep counting the same IP address that has already downloaded the UI for that month. The stats should reset monthly or weekly and your be-able to add to the downloads again. Hell just replace the system with a like system. Based whats hot off (what popular) off likes. Anything is better than the current system in place.