Quantcast WoWInterface - View Single Post - localization and tooltip addon
View Single Post
09-02-12, 07:05 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something similar was done for the Chinese client (so everything was displayed in English) but as Dridzt said, it's a huge amount of data to collect and compile. It's also a huge amount of work to hook into everything in the game, scan the original text, and replace it with the translated text. Finally, even if someone was willing to go through all that trouble, they'd have to do it all over again after every patch.

A more practical option might be to play in English, and add a second panel to only specific windows like the quest log to show the quest text in Italian for those who are more comfortable with Italian but want the English names available as well. Collecting only the quest text would still be a lot of work, but a lot less than trying to do everything. I think there used to be an addon that did exactly this for some other language (I can't remember which) that you could use as a base.
Please don’t PM me about addon bugs or code questions. Post a comment or forum thread instead!